Sunday 10 November 2013

Thirty Days of Being Thankful - Day 10

Day 10
I am thankful for birthdays.  Family birthdays, friends birthdays, even my birthday!  Yes, I'm getting older, but it beats the alternative. 

Today we celebrated Nathan's 7th birthday and he had a wonderful day!  Pancake breakfast at the firehouse, opening family pressies, laser tag party with friends, dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger, and then opening pressies from his friends.  Phew, I know I'm tired and he's so wound up he had a hard time getting to sleep!

His birthday cake didn't turn out like I wanted.  It was supposed to be Optimus Prime, but I just couldn't get it right.  So I settled for this and he was thrilled.

 
 Being goofy with his cousins.

Loving his pillowcase, made by his "girlfriend/future wife's" mom!

Whether you have a big party, a small gathering, receive a card in the mail, open an email, or get wished Happy Birthday on facebook, I hope when it's your birthday you get to celebrate YOUR special day!
 
Birthdays are good for you.  Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.  ~ Larry Lorenzoni 
 

4 comments:

cucki said...

Truly so sweet..
Sending you all lots of love x

DJ said...

Happy Birthday Nathan! I have a surprise for you the next time I see you! *Hugs*

Linda said...

Happy Birthday to Nathan. Sounds like he had a great day.

Linda

Julie said...

Belated birthday wishes to your little man, love the cake.